Monday, February 11, 2008

wow




Here I am posting one week after the last time I posted. We'll see how long I can keep up with this. This past week has been pretty interesting for me, because I really didn't get all that much school work done. On Monday I had my second last radio show and then somehow managed to lose the rest of the day. Tuesday night was spent helping Jonathan Clark finalize a music video for Mike Allison (http://mikeallison.ca/mikea/) and then Wednesday I did the same thing, as well as film the Wilford B. Jonah Lecture, given by Richard Florida. Thursday I believe I finally got some work done, and then Friday night was spent working on some videos (as well as getting a haircut). I have a lot due coming up, and I suddenly am a lot busier than I thought I would be.

Before reading week I have to:

• Write 2 papers
• Write 2 midterms
• Finish the next photo assignment (portraits)
• Document the "Sweetest Little Thing" at the Owens.
• Work on several videos for the www.mymta.ca site.
• Acquire music rights for songs I would like to use in the Film Festival
• Most likely I have other things to do I've forgotten.

So from that list I posted the first three are fairly self explanatory. The "Sweetest Little Thing" is something I don't know a whole lot about, because for whatever reason I have yet to attend this annual event in the 3 full years I have spent at this school. SO, instead of telling you what I think I know about it, I'll wait until I've gone, and then tell you what it was like! Maybe I'll even post a video in the weeks following.

So hmmmmm, I've got a ton of video content for this blog, but in the interests of only posting one thing a week you guys will have to wait on some of the stuff. I'm excited about the videos I'm going to be making for the mymta site, and hopefully they turn out well and end up both here, and on the site.

So about my radio show. It got to the point where making a show every week wasn't a fun synthesis of all the new music I was listening too, instead I was having trouble figuring out what I wanted to play, and so I decided that I should end on a high note. So after tomorrow, I will no longer be hosting a radio show. It's kind of bittersweet, but all in all, it will be nice to have a bit more free time on Monday's. That having been said, I'm SO glad I finally made myself have a radio show. It's something I wanted to do since I came here, but just never committed to, because when I do things, I like to be able to commit to it 100%, or not do it at all. So yeah, lets do some more list work.

• I've hosted 13 radio shows, tomorrow, my 14th will be my last
• This is my 13th blog
• I actually have lost track of black and white film shot. But I know I've shot something like 4 or so rolls in the past week.
• I processed 6 on Saturday night

So yeah my radio show last week, looked like this:




And well, I shall depart now. Here is that music video I helped edit. Hopefully you guys like it:




As always, if you have any questions, email me at:
jzstrsf@mta.ca


No comments: