Friday, March 7, 2008

oops

well that was fun,

Ha, so I wrote a blog at the beginning of reading week, but one thing lead to another and I'm posting it now.

Jeez, here it is:

So I haven't written since two Sundays ago. This is because, well, I'm sure you can guess. SCHOOL. Yup, it's bizarre too because my last two weeks weren't even that bad. Well, actually I think I told you what I had to do academically in my last post, so what shall we discuss now?

So I've thought about my last two weeks, and nothing out of the ordinary happened, I went home last weekend, hung out with my family, and went on a short photo adventure with my brother who was also home visiting. The adventure was short because it was cold, and as I mention my brother, I think it's funny to share with you that I hadn't seen him since Christmas 2006, but there are two things to say about this. First, this is about as frequently as I see him, and second, it's amazing how we pick up right where we left off. Siblings are amazing for that reason.

To continue on the discussion of photography, I'm going to share some pictures with you. First, a few weeks ago I went to Amherst with Peter on a photo excursion, I just got those rolls back today, so I'll post a few pictures and talk a bit about them. Second, I scanned part of my portrait assignment for my photo class, so I'll post those and discuss them as well!


So here are my favorite pictures from Amherst, these are from the colour rolls I shot, and the black and white stuff I took I did develop this past week, but I doubt I'll ever scan them :(

To view a larger version of any of these pictures click em and it will load a new page.

So here we have a picture of my partner in crime for this photo adventure, meet Peter!


Peter took a picture of me with my camera as he wanted to see what it was like.


We parked on one of Amherst's main streets and proceeded to walk down an ally, this is it.



Here is a window in said ally


Upon emerging from the ally we were attracted to this steam duct, it fascinated us, and I have some rather amusing pictures of Peter posing alongside it, either way,


this is my favourite picture I took of the steam and the building.


Nearby we say this building that had a roof with some intense melting action.



As we were leaving Peter showed me this ally that was again nearby and I ended up with this photo.



So towards the end of our adventure, we're standing in this doorway, and we here a cat meowing, REALLY LOUD. We follow the sound, and find this cat chilling outside of a convenience store.



Maybe he was looking at this building in the last picture?




Naw, he wasn't, as that building isn't in eyesight of where the cat was.

It's fun to dream though.

As for my portrait assignment,

I had two works, one of which I scanned and will show here.

They are three photos depicting individual experiences with old age.


Grandchild


Companion


Solitude


So that's all for this week.

I'll be back next week with another post catching you up on my life!

yay!


As always, if you have any questions, email me at:
jzstrsf@mta.ca


No comments: