Sunday, February 3, 2008

School, school

So this past week I had some epic fun writing two assignments that were among the hardest I've had to do in a while. They were both completed on time though, so that's nice. Either way, I'm not behind on the reading for all of my classes and will have a fun time trying to catch up (and likely failing) for the rest of the semester (failing that is, in catching up on my readings, not school). A few weeks ago we had to present our self portraits for my photo class, and I was proud enough about them that I scanned them! Unreal isn't it!

I'll post those... um. But first! how about a list?

• Number of colour rolls shot since I last counted - 8
• Number of black and white rolls shot since I last counted - 22
• Number of black and whites rolls I developed on Saturday - 17
• Number of rolls I shot today (on an adventure with Pete to Amherst) - 6
• Number of assignments passed in this past month - 3
• Number of papers/take homes till I graduate - 7
• Number of assignments/final portfolios till I graduate - 6
• Number of months left in school 3
• Number of trips I am going on this summer - 4 major ones many small ones
• Possibility of me having a full time job this summer - 0%
• My feelings about that - SO STOKED.

So yeah - self portraits!

(click the images to view larger versions)

This one is taken with a 28 mm lens looking at another camera, the reflection appears in the filter at the front of the lens.




This one is taken looking into a mirror, the camera is positioned in such a fashion that the light from the window is caught as a reflection in the filter at the front of the lens.



Zero photoshop involved here, just good old reflections.


I'm kind of feeling a bit stuffed because I went to Amy's family's house for supper tonight and ate a ton, so I think I'm just going to lie down and leave you with what I've written (as well as the requisite closing video).

So yeah - here's the mantage (obviously not made by me):




As always, if you have any questions, email me at:
jzstrsf@mta.ca


No comments: